This post was written after an intense Tuesday I had a few weeks ago. I didn’t finish writing it, but I decided to post it anyway.
Oh, my goodness. What a wild day I had today. Care to hear the tale? 😬
Allow me to set the stage. There’s been a lot of dramatic changes in my life recently, and they’ve all sorta happened at the same time. Add to that the global COVID-19 pandemic and you have a jolly good recipe for a fun time!! (Sarcasm is obviously overflowing from these words…)
Don’t get me wrong, many of the changes have been good, beneficial, and expected. But many of them have been big, scary, stressful, anxiety-inducing… you name it. Kinda the biggest thing to happen recently is that my dad left my mom, betrayed the entire family, and left us all with huge messes to clean up. Now I’m not sure that I’m going to have a place to live after the pandemic is over.
I’m sure that I’ll figure out something with my brother to get the living situation secure for the future, and I do have some supports to access if it’s necessary. But the fact that I must face this situation at all is annoying.
I’ll quickly list off other things that have been going on:
- I was admitted to the hospital a few weeks ago with severe stomach pain, caused by my Crohn’s disease.
- I’ve had to help my mom move out of her place.
- A lot of my mom’s furniture needed to be sold.
- I’m still settling in from my last move to the current apartment that I share with my brother.
- Because I’m currently underweight, I must pay extra attention to my diet and eating habits.
- My dog Macy has needed to go into foster care, which means I can’t see her easily right now.
- A bunch of other smaller things.
Anyway, you get the picture. Lots of things, most of them being big-but-not-too-big, not-so-fun things.
So yesterday, we were trying to sell the extra furniture and my body wasn’t cooperating. Even typing was getting to be too much for my wrists, so I had to take frequent breaks. My brain was all foggy and I just wanted to close my eyes, but even sleep was elusive when I tried to nap.
That’s all I wrote. I’m not exactly sure where I was going with this…but there ya go!